Thursday, June 25, 2009

What is with you men?

Michigan governor Jennifer Granholm, on Bloomberg TV discussing the Mark Sanford affair:

"My reaction is really about his wife and kids. I mean, they are friends of ours and I'm just -- I am floored by this. I would never -- if I were betting, I would be the first person in the pool to say that is not him. This is really -- I am just really shocked by it. And, my heart goes out to Jenny and the kids. And, I hope people can at least give them their privacy. What is with you men?"

I dunno, but most of these politicians are having their affairs with a woman. What is with you women?

Now I'm a strong advocate of monogramy, if not a bit judgmental about affairs. But the stereotype that "men are dogs" baffles me. Aside from gay liaisons and I suppose threesomes, aren't there always going to be an identical number of men and women cheating? My theory is, men get the reputation for cheating because women are better at hiding it (ie deceit). Men just get caught more.

No comments:

Post a Comment